The company is situated on the outskirts of Ancona, in the heart of the Rosso Conero D.O.C. growing area. The vineyard, intentionally of small dimension to assume the maximum timeliness in cultivating operations, is made up of a single unit facing south.
The wines, trained on espaliers, are made up of 90% Montepulciano and the remaining 10% of Sangiovese. The harvest is conducted in several cycles, a little later compared to what is normal in that area, to ensure that every bunch of grapes is picked at the moment of optimum maturation. The yield does not exceed 10 tons per hectare.
The actual wine - making occurs in the company cellar, with a happy synthesis between antique traditions, like the fermentation in barrels, and modern technology, that guarantees quality and longevity to the wine.
Maturation takes place in Slavonia oak barrels, and goes on for two or three years. Bottling follows, and the wine benefits from a period of refining in the bottle, never less than three months.
The Marchetti wine-growing company do not normally produce more than 50.000 bottles, that for the recognized quality of the wine are destined to a selected group of consumers, who are in a position to appreciate refined bouquets and exclusive flavours.